Tradition "Ketupat" On Eid Fitri
* Generally diamond widths are identical as a special meal, rice cake tradition is thought to originate from the time Islam came to Java.
* In the history, Sunan Kalijaga is the man who first introduced him to the Java community. Bakda civilize him twice, namely Muslim and Bakda Bakda Kupat. Kupat Bakda started a week after the holiday. On the day called the Kupat Bakda, in Java that time almost every house visible from the diamond to weave coconut leaves. Once finished cooking, Kupat is delivered to older relatives, became a symbol of togetherness.
* Ketupat itself according to experts has several meanings, which are:
- Reflecting the wide range of human error, judging from the complexity of the woven wrap diamond.
- The second, reflecting the cleanliness and purity of heart after ask forgiveness from all the mistakes,
viewed from a white diamond if cut in half.
- The third reflected perfection, if viewed from a diamond shape.
All that is connected with the victory of Muslims after a month of fasting
and finally step on a pure day.
HOW TO MAKE A rhombus:
Regardless of the value of its history, the diamond is a type of food is very delicious substitute for rice.
If you want to make a diamond in the Lebaran this year,
here are some tips to make the right diamond:
* Rice is used must be washed, soaked for 3 hours and
tirisannya results are mixed a little whiting.
* Rice is put in a pack of diamond should be as much as 2/3 contents. Do not get more than that.
* Boil the water first will be used to boil the rhombus.
* Ketupat should be boiled for about 4-5 hours and as long as it should be fully submerged in the state.
* Once cooked, the diamond should be hung up to dry.
Surely if the diamond is clear afdol not stand alone. Side dishes that must be followed are opportunistic chicken, beef rendang, curry goat, spicy anchovies, sambal fried liver and other typical menus. It's all very tempting, especially if served right on the day and enjoyed with the whole family.
source : http://hobimasak.info